034Motorsport is pleased to present our X34 Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System for the 2.5 TFSI engine found in the 8J Audi TTRS & 8P Audi RS3!
034Motorsport’s engineers spent extensive effort to develop a complete cold air intake solution for the TT RS that yields horsepower and torque gains over the well-designed factory airbox. During the development process, many iterations were designed, prototyped, and tested, which resulted in this beautifully-manufactured Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized carbon fiber intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to maximize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints, including the factory high-pressure fuel pump and firewall.
The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the turbo inlet.
MINIMIZING INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE
To ensure that the 034Motorsport X34 Cold Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system includes a carbon fiber heat shield to replace the upper airbox. Bolting to the factory lower airbox, this heat shield allows the high-flow conical filter to breathe cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator. Both the carbon fiber heat shield and carbon fiber intake tube feature a fiberglass backing layer to aid in isolating cold, dense intake air from the heat of the engine bay.
PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration.
OEM+ FIT & FINISH
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in the Audi TT RS & RS3 2.5 TFSI engine bay. The 034Motorsport Audi TT RS & RS3 Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the turbo inlet pipe and factory lower airbox to provide an OEM+ look.
DYNO-VERIFIED WHEEL HORSEPOWER & TORQUE GAINS
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi TT RS & RS3 Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock turbo vehicles and ones with upgraded turbo kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2:
- Stock Intake: 377 Wheel Horsepower / 421 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- 034 Carbon Fiber Intake: 390 Wheel Horsepower / 429 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- See Dyno Chart
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 3:
- Stock Intake: 460 Wheel Horsepower / 424 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- 034 Carbon Fiber Intake: 491 Wheel Horsepower / 443 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- See Dyno Chart
PRODUCT FEATURES & DETAILS
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- OEM+ Fit & Finish Matches Factory Carbon Fiber Engine Trim
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Improved Engine & Induction Sounds
- Increased Throttle Response
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Fiberglass-Backed Heat Shield
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- High Performance Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Air Intake Tube
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Audi TT RS & RS3 Upper Airbox Heat Shield
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Air Filter
- Installation Hardware
- 2009 - 2013 Audi TTRS 2.5 TFSI (8J)
- 2011 - 2013 Audi RS3 2.5 TFSI (8P)
WHEEL HORSEPOWER DYNO | STAGE 2 100 OCT | 034MOTORSPORT X34 CARBON FIBER AUDI TT RS & RS3 COLD AIR INTAKE VS. STOCK AIRBOX
WHEEL HORSEPOWER DYNO | STAGE 3 100 OCT | 034MOTORSPORT X34 CARBON FIBER AUDI TT RS & RS3 COLD AIR INTAKE VS. STOCK AIRBOX
Please Note: Not for use on emissions-controlled vehicles in California.