The Fabless VR5 02M/02Q Complete Mount Kit provides a solution to install the VR5 Engine with an 02M/02Q MK4 Transmission in a MK3.
The Fabless MK3 VR5 02M/02Q Complete Mount Kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed for the swap. Made from mild steel, beautifully TIG Welded and coated with black powder coat for durability.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions; factory height (top position) & a 16mm drop with MK3/Corrado VR6 Subframe (lower setting). The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance but it also helps to level out the engine appearance without impacting the axle fitment.
These mounts keep the engine in OEM position, which means 02M axles on the market are compatible. These mounts will have the typical factory VR lean on the top block mount setting and less lean on the lower setting.
NOTE: The subframe cup has to be moved to clear the inner CV on the 02M transmission.
- VR5 Block Mount with subframe Perch
- 02M/02Q MK4 Transmission Mount with subframe Perch
- MK3 Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Polyurethane bushings
- Black powder coat
- Radiator Mount Kit - VW MK3 (radiator bushings)
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
- 2.3L 10v VR5
- 2.3L 20v VR5
- 02M/02Q MK4 6-Speed FWD/AWD
- 02M Compatible Axles (not included)
- Compatible with North American and European Rad supports and radiators.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.