• UNIQUE I-BEAM DESIGN OFFERS INCREDIBLE BENDING AND TORSIONAL STIFFNESS
• INCLUDES IE SPEC ARP 2000 ROD BOLTS WITH "IE" STAMP TO ENSURE A GENUINE PRODUCT
• APPLICATION SPECIFIC DESIGN OPTIMIZED FOR AUDI I5 ENGINES
• INDUSTRY LEADING CONNECTING ROD STRENGTH TO WEIGHT RATIO
• HONED TO EXACTING TOLERANCES WITHIN 250 MILLIONTHS OF AN INCH
• FORCED PIN OILING (RIFLE DRILLING) PROVIDES LONG WRIST PIN LONGEVITY
• EACH CONNECTING ROD SET IS BALANCED TO WEIGHTS WITHIN +/- 1 GRAM
• FORGED FROM VACUUM DRAWN 2 PIECE 4340 CHROME MOLY STEEL
• DIMENSIONALLY AND MAGNAFLUX INSPECTED FOR EXTREME RELIABILITY
• COMBINATION TESTED TO OVER 1000BHP
• MULTI-STAGE HEAT TREATED FOR DIMENSIONAL STABILITY AND FATIGUE LIFE
AUDI 10V & 20V I5 TUSCAN CONNECTING RODS
Tuscan connecting rods represent the leading edge of technology for bottom end strength, reliability, and light-weight engineering staff utilizes the most modern technology to optimize these rods to a level never before seen at the enthusiast level. Give your 5 cylinder Audi engine a reliably strong connecting rod set that is rated for engines up to 1000BHP!
- OEM Audi 5 cylinder 20mm wrist pin 10v & 20v pistons
- Aftermarket performance 20mm wrist pin 10v & 20v pistons
- Calico/ACL performance coated rod bearings - IE Part Number: CAL-4B1606HC5
Designed Through Technology
IE's Tuscan connecting rod sets for the Audi 10V/20V I5 engines are the best rods available for your European engine due to quality, custom application specific design, and thorough testing. Each Tuscan design is different from any other design because they are custom-crafted and optimized by our engineers using the latest CAD and FEA software. This is in contrast to the industry standard which simply resizes standard designs to fit new engines. Each application is rigorously tested in our in-house engine test cell. We have gone the extra mile to design specific big ends for each application, keeping the bearing in place and reducing chances of failures. This results in a connecting rod that is uniquely strong and light, for the ultimate in performance and reliability.
Application Specific Engineering
Each model is detailed out with a unique feature set that ensures proper operation within the unique demands of that engine. There is a particular emphasis placed on providing a stable foundation for the connecting rod bearing. By providing a stable platform for the rod bearing, much higher reliability is possible. For that reason, the feature set is not consistent across all models of IE Tuscan rods.
Torture Tested Reliability
IE Tuscan rods for turbocharged applications feature a robust I-Beam design for incredible bending and torsional stiffness. Additionally, an extensive iterative process leads to the unique Egg shape of our rod beams, which lowers stresses as much as 20% compared to less evolved designs. This shape very evenly distributes the high compressive loading from a turbocharged engine onto the connecting rod beam. We then validated this success with over 18 months of field testing, powering numerous VW / Audi engines with over 1000 bhp! In addition to being tough, IE Tuscan rods are also designed to minimize unnecessary weight on the connecting rod for an ultra-balanced weight to strength ratio. Our engineering staff has spent countless hours trimming the fat- leaving exactly what is needed to get the reliability you want, with the weight you don't.
Finished And Quality Controlled In USA
This level of attention to detail is mirrored in the manufacturing details as well. Each set of Tuscan connecting rods are honed in the USA to tolerances of around 250 millionths of an inch! This ensures amazing bearing reliability you really cannot find elsewhere in this price range. These rods are as round and true as any rods money can buy.