Lager Aluminum Engine Timing Chain Cover - Gen 1 TSI
Volkswagens are notorious for having timing chain and timing chain cover issues. The timing chain is a crucial part of your engine, and as such, it needs to consistently operate with precision. Timing chain failure can lead to catastrophic engine damage. The chain holds a number of pulleys and gears that help operate your engine's camshaft and crankshaft, controlling the combustion process through the pistons, rods and the cylinder head valves. The operation of the timing chain leads to tremendous amounts of heat, and constant heating and cooling over the life of your engine. Essentially your timing chain is the heart of your engine, making everything operate as it should, and every heart needs proper protection.
A stock VW engine comes with a plastic timing chain cover. That's right, this integral part of your engine is protected by a plastic cover. The consistent heating and cooling as your engine operates and rests, causes plastics like your timing chain cover and your plastic water pump to warp and leak. As a result, the warp in your timing chain cover is now open to the elements, allowing debris in, causing oil contamination and other possible issues.
Give that heart a bulletproof vest with the Lager Aluminum Timing Chain Cover and protect your engine for years to come. This metal cover will outlive your vehicle many times over. This timing chain cover comes with all the parts needed to replace the factory plastic cover.
- Cast Aluminum Cover CNC'd to Precision, matching the factory cover perfectly.
- High Temperature and Chemical Resistant Rubber Gasket
- (5) Corrosion-Resistant Torx Bolts with Rubber Seals (Use factory torque specs)
- Audi A3 2.0T TSI (2008-2013)
- Audi A4 2.0T TSI (2009-2016)
- Audi A5 2.0T TSI (2010-2017)
- Audi A6 2.0T TSI (2012-2015)
- Audi Q3 2.0T TSI (2015-2018)
- Audi Q5 2.0T TSI (2011-2017)
- Audi TT 2.0T TSI (2009-2015)
- Audi Allroad 2.0T TSI (2013-2016)
- Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T TSI (2012-2013)
- Volkswagen CC 2.0T TSI (2009-2017)
- Volkswagen EOS 2.0T TSI (2009-2016)
- Volkswagen GTI 2.0T TSI (2008-2014)
- Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T TSI (2008-2012)
- Volkswagen Passat 2.0T TSI (2009-2010)
- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T TSI (2009-2017)